⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Keeping taxon names out of Standard Names

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:36:08 +0000

Dear All,

I am considering setting up a Trac ticket aimed at making the following changes to the standard

1) Addition of a section on handling biological data in CF

2) Addition of a couple of parameter attributes for taxon name and taxon identifier (e.g. Aphia ID)

3) Proposing a set of generic biological Standard Names

Before I take this on, I'd appreciate indications of support/opposition and a volunteer to moderate the ticket. I would also like to get this either accepted or killed off completely before the next Standard Names update at the end of April so I don't end up causing the same work-blocking frustrations to John Maurer that have been endured by the proposer of ISO8601.

Cheers, Roy.