⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to store satellite groundpixel geometry?

From: Andreas Hilboll <lists>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:50:23 +0100

I was wondering if it is possible to describe the pixel geometry of
satellite measurements in CF. In atmospheric trace gas remote sensing,
an individual measurement's location is often described by the center
point's lat/lon coordinates plus the four pixel corner points' lat/lon
coordinates. One measurement's location is thus described by a total of
five lat/lon points.

If it were only the center point, then I would know how to use a
"discrete sampling geometry" with a "trajectory" feature.

How can I describe the four corner points?

Cheers, Andreas.