⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to specify time dimension for monthly averages

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:56:16 -0600

If your intervals are contiguous, time_bounds[i,1] should equal
time_bounds[i+1,0] (See the beginning of section 7.1 in the CF spec.) So for
January 2013, you should set the endpoint to 2013-02-01 00:00:00.

(The resulting potential for confusion is why I think it's best practice to put
the time coordinate at the midpoint of the interval rather than either end.)

There's been some discussion of time resolution on this list, but nothing
that's made it into the spec.

Cheers,

--Seth