⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF calendars (was: problem with times in PSD dataset)

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:57:52 -0700

Hi Cathy:

I think that you are using "backwards compatible" in a different way.

The current proposal(s) would not change files that are written with
:Conventions="CF-1.x", where x <= 6. Files with x > 6 could still use
the (ill-advised) old way if they want to, by putting an explicit
calendar attribute in. But if theres no explicit calendar attribute,
then these new files will be interpreted in a way that is less likely to
give incorrect dates.

So, im not sure why you keep saying "shouldn't break current files",
since there is no such proposal on the table.

John