⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF calendars (was: problem with times in PSD dataset)

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:26:47 -0700

Hi all:

Heres what I understand of the conversation:

1. Theres nothing to do about existing files CF-1.6 and before. we are
stuck with the udunits mixed calendar.

2. Starting with the next version after acceptance, (1.7 currently), we
can do something different. I agree that forcing people to put in a
calendar attribute makes simple things not simple. So lets choose a
reasonable default, either gregorian_propleptic or gregorian_strict is
ok with me.

3. everyone agrees that in the unit "time since date", date is
interpreted in the calendar that is specified, or the default if not
specified.

4. i thing we should add some advice not to start counting from 0001
when recording modern dates, no matter if you do it "right" or not.

John