⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Names for Satellite Data

From: Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate <aleksandar.jelenak>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:49:44 -0500

Dear Corey,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Corey Bettenhausen
<corey.bettenhausen at ssaihq.com> wrote:
> Regarding the "which is often due north" language, if you measure azimuth angle from due south, how should this communicated in the file? A comment? Or should the definition force the use of due north for this standard name?

That statement should serve as a last resort option when no other
information about the reference direction can be found. Stating a
reference direction in the name could lead to a proliferation of such
standard names. I am not sure if that is desirable.

A comment attribute looks to me like a good approach.

       -Aleksandar