⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] inclusion of GridSpec in CF?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:02:21 +0000

Dear Alex

Would it be possible to agree some changes from what we previously agreed on
your ticket, following the discussions we had earlier this year about the
correspondence between gridspec and ugrid? Although ugrid is not yet proposed
to CF, I think it would be beneficial if we could anticipate both being added
to CF. They have several similarities in principle and it will be easier for
users, I expect, if their conventions look similar in practice. I appreciate
that reopening the ticket means extra work at this stage.

My comments, arising from our webex discussion of similarities and differences
between gridspec and ugrid, are at
http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~jonathan/CF_metadata/ugrid_gridspec.html