⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] use of CF to describe unstructured grid models

From: Bert Jagers <bert.jagers>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:41:55 +0100

Hi Sean,

The current version of the CF standard does not include a full set of
meta-data standards for describing an unstructured grid model.
For this reason a couple of years ago a Google UGRID group was started
that includes developers of numerous unstructured grid models.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/ugrid-interoperability
The specification that comes out of that group has been documented on
our wiki site accessible via
http://bit.ly/ugrid_cf
We have discussed the path towards CF integration and gridspec
compatibility in a small group earlier this year.
This may be a good time to open up the discussion towards the wider
community.

Best regards,

Bert Jagers
Deltares
----
On 07/11/2012 09:14, Gaffney, Sean P. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm presently providing data management advice to a project which includes modelling of ocean hydrodynamics using the FVCOM model on an unstructured grid, where the cells are triangles of varying area. Does CF have the capability to properly describe such a model?
>
> Cheers
>
> Sean Gaffney
> BODC

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.