⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Another potentially useful extension to the standard_name table

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:11:01 -0700

Hi Simon, et al.,

The question of semantic duplicates is something that CF has strongly tried to avoid. In a system where we control the grammar and vocabulary rather than the std_names, we would either need to design it so that semantic duplicates are impossible, or find a way to link equivalent terms.

Fortunately with my proposal this is not an issue because the primary control stays on the std_names. We should also learn whether semantic duplicates will be a problem before we make a final leap.

Best wishes,

      Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.