⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Data Model Development | types

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:26:24 +0100

Dear Mark

In https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PotentialDataModelTypes I have added a
description of the constructs/types of the proposed CF data model of ticket 68
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/68. Many of your examples apply, and I
have noted where they don't correspond exactly.

As you say, there are some differences between the types you proposed and the
ones in trac ticket 68. For instance, the ticket doesn't have an abstract
Coordinate construct or a CoordinateSystem construct, and your list doesn't
include a CellMeasures construct. These differences would be good to discuss,
but I would please request that we discuss them on the trac ticket, rather
than in the wiki or on the email list, because trac tickets are intended for
such discussions about the convention, I would suggest.