⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] example of sea_surface_wave_directional_variance_spectral_density

From: Hattersley, Richard <richard.hattersley>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:51:59 +0100

Hi Roy,

There are some fairly explicit statements in chapter 9 that mean
treating 'z' as frequency would break the convention.

>From 9.1:
        profile => "an ordered set of data points along a vertical line
..."

        "The spatial coordinate z refers to vertical position."

And it's not clear that you could add an additional dimension for the
frequency. (That said, it's also not completely clear that you
shouldn't.)

Looks like CF would benefit from your BODC feature types.

Regards,

Richard Hattersley AVD Iris Technical Lead
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 885702 Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
Email: richard.hattersley at metoffice.gov.uk Website:
www.metoffice.gov.uk