⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] example of sea_surface_wave_directional_variance_spectral_density

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:54:20 +0100

Hi Ellyn,

Encoding wave spectra in a CF-compliant manner is an issue that I plan to address on behalf of SeaDataNet in the next month or so. The point I'd reached in thinking this through was to use the timeSeriesProfile feature type with frequency as the z co-ordinate. I think this OK, but if not I'm sure somebody on this list will shout.

I prefer single-value vectors rather to scalars because it opens the way to packaging multiple instances into a single NetCDF file.

Cheers, Roy.