⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] use of the "trajectory" discrete sampling geometryfor a hurricane intensity product

From: Hattersley, Richard <richard.hattersley>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:34:34 +0100

Hi Randy,

You described your simplified structure as:
        data(index)
... but that implies only a single observation for each trajectory.

So I'm wondering if that was a typo, and you meant:
        data(observation)
... which then implies a single trajectory with multiple observations.

So, if you only have only one hurricane in each product then example
H.13 seems to be exactly what you're after.

(Otherwise you're probably looking at example H.15 if you want to easily
append new data.)

Richard Hattersley AVD Iris Technical Lead
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 885702 Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
Email: richard.hattersley at metoffice.gov.uk Website:
www.metoffice.gov.uk