⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for vector components

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:54:41 +0100

Dear Alison

I note from your previous post that:

> "I plan to make the next update of the standard name table on 30th August"

As ticket 89 (https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/89) has passed it's 3 week objection window without further comment I believe this change is approved by the community.

Is it feasible to include these changes in the next standard names update?

There are no new standard names, but the descriptive text for a number of current standard names needs altering to meet the altered definitions as described in the ticket:

  All standard names which are x or y components need to have the text
   "when this is not true <longitude/latitude>,"
  removed.

Is there something useful I can do to assist this process?

thank you
mark