⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard names for surface aerosol optical properties

From: John Graybeal <jgraybeal>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 10:26:27 -0700

I think the fundamental question is: Is the data in every measurement sense fully interoperable with data that is _due_to_ambient_aerosol? If not, why not?

In this case, it isn't fully interoperable because the values have been changed due to a process (partial drying) that's been applied, right? So wouldn't it be better to say "_due_to_drier_aerosol" or, less ambiguously, "_due_to_partially_dried_aerosol"? This explicitly points out the reason this is neither ambient nor dry. (I would have assumed the lack of any qualifier means we just don't know whether it's ambient or dry.)

John