⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: TOYODA Eizi <toyoda>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 17:34:43 +0900

Heiko and all,

Please find attached illustration. Yes there is correlation of
latitude-altitude (table 1) so "high cloud" is found in higher altitude in
tropics than in Norway. Also it is worth noting that, even in one place,
some cloud type (genera) may occupy wide range of altitude (table 2).

Regarding names, unfortunately I found no good name is defined in WMO
International Cloud Atlas. It says only CL, CM, and CH for what we want.
So I could say like "low type cloud is CL defined in WMO International Cloud
Atlas".

Best,
Eizi