⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: John Graybeal <jgraybeal>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 08:53:35 -0700

So, anytime I see the word 'type' in a variable name, it catches my eye -- it usually indicates a concept that exists but hasn't been named. (Because there was *some* reason for grouping the clouds that way, right?)

In this case, I know pretty much nothing about clouds, but it looks to me like the concept may be altitude or height. If that were true I would much prefer 'high_altitude_cloud_area_fraction' and so on. Or whatever the right concept is.

John