⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean CTD data following CF Conventions v1.6

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:06:58 -0400

Hi.

Here's my best understanding (which could be flawed, so I look forward to
finding out if I have missed something). Assuming that your time,
latitude, and longitude are all proper coordinate variables (no fill
values), either choice for the shape of your salinity variable works. If
you use the more complex shape, then you don't need to have the coordinates
attribute, as the relationships are declared through the shape. Speaking
of that, the coordinates attribute doesn't need to have PRESSURE in it.
 Doesn't hurt anything, but it isn't necessary.

Having said all that, I find myself wondering why you are storing each
salinity profile in a separate file. Would you mind sharing what went into
deciding to take this approach?

Grace and peace,

Jim