⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:01:08 -0600

To answer this concern, I would agree to modify the statement

"Applications are free to assume that data is missing where the auxiliary coordinates are missing"

"Applications should treat the data as missing where the auxiliary coordinates are missing"

My concern is that we shouldnt make a file "non CF compliant" just because the data provider would like to store data values where there arent coordinate values. But telling them that standard software _will_ ignore them seems good.