⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: Randy Horne <rhorne>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:38:41 -0400

Jonathan:

not to belabour , but in the interest of clarity, For GOES-R level 1 and 2 hemispheric products ...

there are non-existent points, at which the data vars have missing values and the aux coord vars have (syntactically) valid values.

note that placing (syntactically) valid values in the aux coord vars even though the data is missing is the simplest software design. I think we can accommodate a different approach if a change to the current CF conventions warranted it.

very respectfully,

randy

Randy C. Horne (rhorne at excaliburlabs.com)
Principal Engineer, Excalibur Laboratories Inc.
voice & fax: (321) 952-5100
url: http://www.excaliburlabs.com

PGP Public Keys available at:
A HREF="http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371">MIT's Key Server</A>