⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cf2cf - a new tool

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:02:42 +0000

Dear Karl and David

> > Perhaps you should treat the standard CF global attributes like the
> > non-standard ones and include only those that are identical across
> > aggregated variables.

Yes, that's a good idea for a default behaviour. I think that by default it
is right to ignore global attributes when deciding if aggregation is possible,
since the user has decided which files to aggregate by explicitly naming them.
The CF global attributes are generally descriptive anyway; they do not provide
definitive use-metadata for the fields.