⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] machine-accessible CF compliance checker?

From: stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk <stephen.pascoe>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:39:05 +0000

Hi Christopher,

Are you looking for a way to run the cfchecker locally or submit checking requests to one of the websites in a script?

I think both would be possible with a little help. The cfchecker is now available on the Python Package Index at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cfchecker. It needs a little help to work out of the box -- you need to configure UDUNITS and the location of several CF XML files. It's on my long-term TODO list to make this configuration easier.

Also the CF-checker at BADC and NCAS-CMS has a very simple HTTP interface that could be scripted.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK