⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] query related to mercator projection parameter

From: Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:21:48 -0200

Ghansham,

my understanding is that usually Mercator has the center latitude (or
standard parallel) =0 , which corresponds to a scale factor of 1. If
you want true scale (=1) at a given latitude, then you use either
variant using standard parallel(in your case CenterLatitude) or a
scale factor computed from that latitude using the equation in
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/mercator_2sp.html or
Snyder.

Any way, if you have CenterLongitude and CenterLatitude, then use the
standard_parallel version in CF.

Etienne