⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] query related to mercator projection parameter

From: Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:12:06 -0200

Ghansham,

It is usually one, but "more common formulation for Mercator is to
drop the +k_0, and instead to provide a latitude of true scale using
the +lat_ts parameter, which is the latitude at which the scale is 1."
The latter would be using the standard_parallel version instead.

See http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/mercator_1sp.html

hope this helps
Etienne