⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mailing list and trac tickets

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:34:50 +0100

> John Graybeal wrote:
> +1. A notification of each new trac ticket would be ideal in my book, then I
> can subscribe. I'd rather explicitly subscribe to the trac discussions I care
> about.
>
> While I appreciate that there is a lot of traffic inherent in the discussions of
> each variable, those discussions were the original purpose of the list. I would
> definitely not want to have to subscribe to each of those discussions.
> (Especially because they often go beyond the original topic over time.)
>
> John

Thanks for "+1". Re your second point: maybe the list could be split into cf-metadata for general topics and cf-standardnames for the discussion on individual names. While most people might want to subscribe to both lists, this would make it easier to "ignore" some discussions in either list at certain times. Personally, I'd like to get a "cf-metadata-digest" and a "cf-standardname-digest" in separate emails.

Martin

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich