⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mailing list and trac tickets

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:50:57 +0000

Dear Dave

> I would much
> prefer to not receive all trac e-mails just because I am subscribed to
> the discussion list or to individual trac tickets.

I appreciate this concern. On the other hand, you don't have that control over
the email list. You receive all those emails, on all subjects, and they are a
similar or greater volume than the trac tickets, I guess (though I have not
calculated statistics). In addition, I am concerned that because some users do
not receive the trac updates, they are unaware that discussions are going on
there on which they may have informed opinions and could make valuable
contributions. I don't know the best solution, but I think that Jeff Painter
will investigate the options for us when he has time.

Best wishes and thanks

Jonathan