⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Sea surface height

From: Bentley, Philip <philip.bentley>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:13:46 -0000

Hi Stephane,

Would one or both of the following two standard names cover your use-case? The first is in effect your residual, I think.

--------------
standard name: water_surface_height_above_reference_datum
  canon units: m
  description: 'Water surface height above reference datum' means the height of the upper surface of a body of liquid water, such as sea, lake or river, above an arbitrary reference datum. The altitude of the datum should be provided in a variable with standard name water_surface_reference_datum_altitude. The surface called "surface" means the lower boundary of the atmosphere.
standard name: water_surface_reference_datum_altitude
  canon units: m
  description: Altitude is the (geometric) height above the geoid, which is the reference geopotential surface. The geoid is similar to mean sea level. 'Water surface reference datum altitude' means the altitude of the arbitrary datum referred to by a quantity with standard name 'water_surface_height_above_reference_datum'. The surface called "surface" means the lower boundary of the atmosphere.

Regards,
Phil