⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new land_ice and firn standard names

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:43:45 -0800

Hello,

There is no mention of snow or surface melt water (ponds). Should
something explicit be said about including/excluding these in any of
definitions below? Also, if I understand correctly, I would be explicit
that

"Land ice" means glaciers, ice-caps and ice-sheets resting on bedrock
and also includes ice-shelves. "Fern" is included as part of "land ice".

cheers,
Karl