⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Use of flag_value and flag_meaning

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:18:46 -0500

Pauline,

I think the simplest alternative (although bulkier), is to have a string
variable with the same dimensions as your grid that contains the flag
meanings for each cell. It seems awkward to load huge flag_value and
flag_meaning attributes, but it saves lots of space, and it lends itself
to automated use. The string variable does none of those things.

Grace and peace,

Jim Biard