⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed new standard name: projection_zone

From: Kennedy, Paul <P.Kennedy>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:12:40 +0800

Hi Mike,
We regularly have this issue at our shop. We attempted to preserve UTM
coordinates across long distances such as fibre cables across the
pacific, but if you have a very large spatial set, which spans multiple
CRS' it really is better to use a global CRS such as WGS geographicals.
UTM Projections are great for local grids but really do not scale well.

Hope this helps
pk