⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] daily maximum of running 8-hour means

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:40:54 -0700

Dear Jonathan,

Both methods seem reasonable to me. The first method has the advantage of explicitly recording the ranges, which can be helpful for verifying that one understands what was done. The second method has the advantage of encoding it all in a second line, which is a bit harder to read, but may generalize better.

My only suggestion: if we go with your first method then I suggest we change the name of old_time to something else, since this suggests to me that it is old data that could or should be ignored. Alternatives I can think of are kernel_time, average_time, and preprocess_time.

Best wishes,

      Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.