⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new TEOS-10 standard names

From: Trevor.Mcdougall at csiro.au <Trevor.Mcdougall>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:17:47 +1100

Hello Roy,

  You make a good point about the pre 1978 data. Perhaps we need yet another name, such as "Pre78salinity" to indicate that it was probably obtained by chemical titration. By introducing such a salinity will have the advantage of reducing the present ambiguity which calls this older data by the same name as Practical Salinity, namely "salinity".

Trevor