⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Coordinate reference frame for discrete sampling geometries

From: Upendra Dadi <Upendra.Dadi>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:06:31 -0400

Hi All,
    I am working with CF standard on discrete sampling geometries. In
all the examples in the CF document, there is no mention of grid_mapping
attribute. As I understand, the information stored within grid_mapping
variable has nothing to do with whether the data is gridded or
non-gridded. So I am assuming that there is no mention of it purely
because it is not the focus here. But someone please confirm that
grid_mapping attribute is still applicable in the same way as for
gridded data, i.e., using grid_mapping as an attribute of data
variables. Thanks!

Upendra