⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new standard name for components of platform_speed_wrt_ground

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:36:15 -0400

These look good, and are certainly needed.

Just one question about the last line of each of the definitions,
referring to the 3D platform velocity. On ships, there's often only
a 2D vector, I suppose the vertical velocity is presumed to be 0.

Would it be preferable to not specifically mention 3D, and just say
"the eastward (or northward/vertical) component of the platform
velocity vector" to make this "fit" 2D ship tracks as well?

Thanks - Nan