⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] A question regarding standard names

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:39:11 -0700

Hi Jim,

I agree with Roy: I also think it is better to keep methodologies and instruments out of standard names and in ancillary attributes/variables. Otherwise, the std_name list will become even more unwieldy, and become nothing more than a documentation service for every model and instrument. In your case, I think it would be better that the frequency range/weighting/distribution could be included in some other attribute/variable.

Best wishes,

      Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.