⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Is there a convention defining day offsets to use for monthly average time series?

From: Upendra Dadi <Upendra.Dadi>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:07:04 -0400

I agree that bounds is necessary as it stands now. But it might look
cumbersome to many if they have to specify the bounds even for regular
grids. Probably the issue is already discussed and we have to live with
this or is there a better way? Couldn't bounds attribute, for example,
simply hold two values in case of regular grids and a string holding the
bounds variable in case of irregular grids?

Also, I see that attribute "cell_bounds" is used at several places in
the CF document but Table A.1 and some examples use the attribute
"bounds". I don't see cell_bounds in Table A.1.

Regards,
Upendra