⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Is there a convention defining day offsets to use for monthly average time series?

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:37:17 -0600

Hi all,

Having encountered some subtle and insidious errors arising from
coordinate values aligned with the end of the interval, I would argue
that it's good practice to always place the time centers somewhere
near the middle of the interval. It's a better match for your default
mental model, and is much less likely to result in you accidentally
using a single edge value as the average for an entire period when
aggregating to longer timescales...

Cheers,

--Seth