⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name table update 22 July 2011

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:21:34 +0000

Dear All,

The standard name table has been updated as previously notified. The current version is now Version 18, dated 22 July 2011.

I have added some brief text about canonical units and Udunits to the top of the html page http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/standard-name-table/18/cf-standard-name-table.html. This is in response to the fairly common enquiries and emails that I receive along the lines of "why can't I have my temperatures in degrees Celsius?" I hope the text will make it easier for new CF users to find and understand the conventions regarding units. Comments on how it could be improved are welcome.

I will be on leave now for two weeks (July 25 - August 5 inclusive).

Best wishes,
Alison

--
Scanned by iCritical.