⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Units: degrees - COARDS/CF Convention

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:10:05 +0100

Dear All,

Reading this reminds me of an issue I need to address locally. We have units 'Degrees magnetic' and 'Degrees true' in our data system (many current meters are calibrated to magnetic and subsequently corrected to true). The local approach I am trying to take is to move the semantics to the parameter description (Standard Name 'equivalent'). However, I guess I'm not alone in needing to provide labels to data in both co-ordinate systems, so agreeing a policy on how this situation is handled in CF could be helpful.

Cheers, Roy.