⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF Metadata - CF Convention 1.5

From: Comiskey, Glenn <g.comiskey>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:11:11 -0000

Hi,

Having recently taken up an appointment that involves me working with
meteorological/ocenographic datasets I have been reading the CF
Conventions documentation. I've noted that the documention, when
refering to the units variable attribute, references UNIDATA's udunits
package and the data file udunits.dat. This data file appears to relate
specifically to v1.12.11 of the udunits package, while I note that the
current release is v2.1.23. Does the CF Convention only recognise unit
values listed in v1.12.11 or is it meant to encompass v2.1.23 as well.

Note: I have not determined if there are any differences in the units
database between v.1.12.11 and v2.1.23.

Kind regards,

Glenn Comiskey
Data System Administrator

Fugro Global Environment & Ocean Sciences
Fugro House, Hithercroft Road
Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 9RB, UK
Registration No: 2985431 / VAT No: GB 655475606

Tel: +44 (0) 1491 820500 (Switchboard) / Tel: +44 (0) 1491 820559
(Direct) / Fax: +44 (0) 1491 820599
E-mail: g.comiskey at geos.com <mailto:g.comiskey at g.comiskey_at_geos.com> /
Website: www.geos.com <http://www.geos.com/>

Please note:

*
        The information contained in this message is privileged and
confidential and intended only for the use of the addresses. If you are
not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, distribute or
otherwise use the information;
*
        Fugro Global Environment & Ocean Sciences accepts no
responsibility for loss or damage of any kind arising from the use of
this message;
*
        If you have received this message in error, please note the
sender immediately and delete the message.