⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for standard names: sea ice age and fraction of first year ice

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:45:07 -0000

Dear Laurent

The two standard names in your examples are age_of_first_year_ice and
percentage_of_first_year_ice. Since you say

> We have added the age of sea ice as part of our sea ice model variables
I wonder whether you also need a standard name for the age of sea-ice, not
only the age of first-year sea-ice specifically?

I would also suggest minor amendments for consistency with other names:

age_of_first_year_sea_ice
first_year_sea_ice_area_fraction

Finally, please could you provide a definition of first-year sea-ice?

Cheers

Jonathan