⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF compliance: auxiliary coordinate variables, compressed data, coordinates attribute

From: Rosalyn Hatcher <r.s.hatcher>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 13:43:36 +0100

Dear Guenther,

Looking in the CF Convention it's not stated that using auxiliary
coordinate variables with compression by gathering is not valid.

In your Example 2 the CF checker has not recognised, in the checking of
the auxilliary coordinate variables, that datapoint is a compressed field.
I think you're probably the first person to try doing this. So assuming
everyone is happy that this is valid in the CF Convention,
I will modify the CF Checker to look for compressed dimensions when
checking the dimensions of an auxiliary coord variable.

Regards,
Ros.