⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name modifiers

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:24:21 +0000

Hi Martin,

' It's only replacing an underescore by a blank anyhow ;-)'

This isn't strictly true. As the semantics infrastructure stands at the moment the deprecation procedure is to label the deprecated Standard Name as an 'alias' with another Standard Name specified as its replacement.

I don't know about you, but I would feel a little uneasy about a Standard Names list that has 'surface_temperature_anomaly' aliased to 'surface_temperature'.

Cheers, Roy.