⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] help

From: cristina.tronconi at artov.isac.cnr.it <cristina.tronconi>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:48:05 +0100

Hello,
I have a problem. iN MY NETCDF FILE I define the CHL_count variable.
it is a dimensionless variable.
I used the "standard name modifier: COUNT" for the variable CHL.

for IT I define: units="1" as indicated in the Appendix C of the
"cf-conventions1_4.pdf".

but the cf checker gives me this error:

------------------
Checking variable: CHL_count
------------------
ERROR (3.1): Units are not consistent with those given in the
standard_name table.

WHAT SHOULD I PUT FOR THE ATTRIBUTE UNITS FOR THE CHL_COUNT VARIABLE?
IT IS DIMENSIONLESS!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

CRISTINA TRONCONI

Cristina Tronconi
Istituto di Scienze dell'Atmosfera e del Clima - sezione di Roma
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Via Fosso del Cavaliere 100
00133 Roma, Italy
Tel: +39 06 49934342