⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Diffuse radiation standard name

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:11:27 +0000

Dear All,

I have received via email a request from Karl for one more standard name
for CMIP5:

> For CMIP5 we also include
diffuse_downwelling_shortwave_flux_in_air_assuming_clear_sky,
> but there is not standard name for this quantity at the surface. I
therefore propose
> a new standard name:
>
> surface_diffuse_downwelling_shortwave_flux_in_air_assuming_clear_sky

Jonathan (also via email) has supported this proposal.

This proposal matches closely the syntax of existing names and I don't
think it is likely to be controversial in any way. The name is accepted
for inclusion in the standard name table.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.

--
Scanned by iCritical.