⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] MSG Cloud physical properties codification

From: Maarten Plieger <plieger>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:28:42 +0000

Thanks Jonathan,

To summarize our discussion, these are the new standard names we would
like to use:
- platform_zenith_angle (degree): "Platform zenith angle is the the
angle between the line of sight to the platform and the local vertical";
- angle_of_rotation_from_solar_azimuth_to_platform_azimuth (degree):
"The angle of rotation between the solar azimuth angle and the platform
azimuth angle";
- thickness_of_liquid_water_cloud (m): "Cloud thickness (cloud top
height minus cloud base)";
- effective_radius_of_cloud_condensed_water_particles_at_cloud_top (m):
"Particle effective radius for both liquid and ice water particles";
- thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top (status_flag
liquid, ice and mixed): "The thermodynamic phase of particles at the top
of the cloud";
-
thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top_defined_by_infrared
(status_flag liquid, ice and mixed): "The thermodynamic phase of
particles at the top of the cloud derived by using infrared radiances";
-
thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top_defined_by_near_infrared
(status_flag liquid, ice and mixed):" The thermodynamic phase of
particles at the top of the cloud derived by using near-infrared radiances";

When everybody agrees with these standard names, units and descriptions:
what would be the next step?

Best regards,
Maarten