⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] MSG Cloud physical properties codification

From: Maarten Plieger <plieger>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:25:54 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

> Can we say what kind of particles these are? Presumably "cloud particle"
> would be a reasonable description. In that case, could it be
> thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_particles_at_cloud_top
> ?

Yes indeed, you are right. These kind of particles are cloud water
particles, so can we call it:
thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top ?

We discussed some more about the defined_by_* suffixes, we would like to
use infrared and near_infrared.

Finally these are the two standard_names:
-
thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top_defined_by_infrared

-
thermodynamic_phase_of_cloud_water_particles_at_cloud_top_defined_by_near_infrared

How about the CF compliance checkers, are they able to detect the
defined_by_* suffix?
It would be nice to keep only the standard_name without the defined_by_*
variations in the list. I assume that the current CF-checker tools will
not yet detect this?

Regards,
Maarten