⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed change to CF calendar

From: Steve hankin <Steven.C.Hankin>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:11:39 -0700

  Tony et. al.,

I support Benno's approach. This is an argument that goes back a very
long time (probably 20+ years!). I have always taken the same position
that you have -- namely that the proleptic Gregorian calendar is the
common sense one to use for scientific (though not social science)
datasets. The compromise involved in documenting "calendar:
proleptic_gregorian" seems vastly smaller, though, than the compromise
involved in breaking backwards compatibility of existing files.

     - Steve