⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Teaching materials on NetCDF/CF

From: Jon Blower <j.d.blower>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:05:46 +0100

Dear all,

In January next year I shall be teaching an MSc module on environmental
data management and visualization. The point of this is to teach the
students how they should be storing and managing their data for maximum
interoperability and reuse. The use of CF and NetCDF will of course be
very important in the course.

I was wondering if anyone has any previous similar experience with
teaching this material, and whether they might be prepared to share
experience on what worked well/badly? Perhaps there are some
freely-available teaching materials that we could reuse? I certainly
intend to publish as many of the teaching materials as I can freely
online for reuse elsewhere.

The class size would be small (<10 I imagine) in the first year at
least, and I intend to deliver most of the material through hands-on
practical classes.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre
j.d.blower at reading.ac.uk
http://www.nerc-essc.ac.uk/People/Staff/Blower_J.htm