⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] model data on a spherical earth vs ellipsoidal

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:45:09 -0600

Im working with some colleagues and we are trying to answer the following question:

"Hydrological Modeler's have an interest in data and model output stored on (spherical lat/lon) meteorological grids. Are observations and forcings used to populate these spherical grids transformed into spherical geocentric coordinates? If not, should model results be assumed to exist on the spherical datum or the original spheroidal one?"

We are wondering if others have pondered this question and would be willing to share their thoughts?

John Caron